Smart Kids project is the unique combination of scholastic and competitive chess. In the present world there is more than ever a need for smart, critically thinking and modern people. We strongly believe chess is the best game in the world excellently developing cognitive and social skills of kids.
Scholastic chess is the base of Smart Kids.
10 reasons Why scholastic chess (By Michael Thomas on SAS Voices, August 29, 2014)
1. These days many kids like playing chess. According to Bill Clausen, Executive Director of Chess Achieves, you can expect 10-15% of an elementary school´s students to show up when you announce a chess club.
2. Scholastic chess has been linked to better academic performance. Classic chess helps kids master the prerequisite and specific mathematical thinking tools they will need for later study in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) areas.
3. Timed chess teaches time manageement.
4. Explore the mathematical beauty of chess with hundreds of years of analysis and an endless supply of puzzles.
5. Chess has a long, rich and living history that excites young players.
6. Experience the thrill of rated tournament play.
7. Help players earn enormous and fantastic chess trophies.
8. Bring home team trophies for your school.
9. Help your players achieve strategic goals with study.
10. It´s game of the ages, for all ages.